Supporting my family is my only priority, and Microfund for Women stood beside me through my training to make products out of straw and support my family and brothers
- > 140,685 active borrowers
- >95.80% of active borrowers are women
- Total amount of loans disbursed is > 25,946,773.
- Repayment rate is >94.46%
- > 30,441 loans
- > 31 international and local awards
- > 63 branches
- > 745 employees
- > 73.15% of employees are women
As a Syrian Refugee, Zubaida Mustafa managed to secure a decent income for her family from her meal preparation business which she started after obtaining a loan from Microfund for Women.
The 33-year-old Zubaida became the sole provider for her family of six after the sudden death of her husband and seeking refuge in Jordan, escaping the ongoing war in Syria.
Zubaida says that Microfund for Women empowered her and gave her more self-confidence to prove herself. She aspires of owning an independent restaurant to provide for her children