I was constantly told it’s a man’s job… But in the “You Can” online training by MFW, I was motivated and encouraged to go ahead and fulfill my potential.
Nancy Al-Ghadban - Tabarbour
- > 140,685 active borrowers
- >95.80% of active borrowers are women
- Total amount of loans disbursed is > 25,946,773.
- Repayment rate is >94.46%
- > 30,441 loans
- > 31 international and local awards
- > 63 branches
- > 745 employees
- > 73.15% of employees are women
To provide for her family, Samia started working in clothes tailoring and sewing from her home in As-Salt, which provided her a decent income to pay the majority of the family’s financial commitments.
The 42-year-old Samia said that the difficult life conditions were enough motive to start looking for another way to secure extra income for her family, that is when after obtaining a fund from Microfund for Women, she was able to buy the needed materials and equipment to start her business from the comfort of her home