After we fled Syria, I succeeded in providing for my family through my project.
Hamra Naser - Al-Mafraq
- > 140,685 active borrowers
- >95.80% of active borrowers are women
- Total amount of loans disbursed is > 25,946,773.
- Repayment rate is >94.46%
- > 30,441 loans
- > 31 international and local awards
- > 63 branches
- > 745 employees
- > 73.15% of employees are women
Khalid has always worked in self-employment but has not been content with it and wanted to have an independent business to secure a stable income for him and his family of four.
Khalid benefited from the funding he got from Microfund for Women to open a bakery, which is now the primary source of income for the family. Khaled aspires to expand the business and add different types of bread to the ones he already prepares to meet the needs and preferences of everyone in his community.
He is pleased with his relationship with Microfund for Women, which is based on respect, transparency, and honesty. He describes it as good and positively affecting his business.