I do all my work by hand with the support of the women I trained. My dream is to expand my project and for everyone to know my work.
Jamla Al-Hanandeh - West Irbid
- > 136,000 active borrowers
- > 96% of active borrowers are women
- Total amount of loans disbursed is > 661,575,358
- Repayment rate is > 98%
- > 1,000,000 loans
- > 31 international and local awards
- > 63 branches
- > 700 employees
- > 68% of employees are women
Getting old didn’t stop Fakhrieh Naser Obeid from working to fulfill her dream of starting a humble business to secure extra income for her.
The 56-year-old spinster started manufacturing rosewater to secure an income to pay off her basic needs.
When asked how she managed to start this business, she said that if it weren’t for the help of Microfund for Women, she wouldn’t have been able to obtain the needed fund to buy the needed ingredients and equipment.