I do all my work by hand with the support of the women I trained. My dream is to expand my project and for everyone to know my work.
Jamla Al-Hanandeh - West Irbid
- > 140,685 active borrowers
- >95.80% of active borrowers are women
- Total amount of loans disbursed is > 25,946,773.
- Repayment rate is >94.46%
- > 30,441 loans
- > 31 international and local awards
- > 63 branches
- > 745 employees
- > 73.15% of employees are women
The doors of personal and financial success swung wide open for the 50-year-old Amal. It happened after she opened a supermarket providing necessary food items and home essentials to the community where she resides with her family of 8 at As-Salt.
Amal said that her success stemmed from her believing in herself and her ability to be productive enough to secure extra income for her family from the profit of this humble supermarket.
She also added that Microfund for Women lent her the helping hand and support she needed in the form of a monetary fund that enabled her to start this business.